My first impression was that the event was quite short. It started a little after 7:00PM and I was in my car leaving by 7:30PM. To be fair, I was only fourth in line for the signing… but still.
Elise Strachan was super sweet, though. She’s exactly like she is in her YouTube videos, which always makes for such a surreal but amazing feeling.
It’s midnight and I’m sitting in a 24-hour Bosa Donut in Tempe, AZ. I’m not drunk and this isn’t drunk food, even though it’s Halloween night and that would be a perfectly reasonable explanation.
It’s NaNoWriMo time! November is National Novel Writing Month and is the ultimate writing challenge (and social event).
Today’s daily writing prompt from this September list is:
Did you catch lightning bugs when you were a child?
Short answer: no.
Long answer: I live in Arizona, and in a city, where we don’t really have lightning bugs and to be completely honest, I didn’t think they were really real until I was an adult and saw one. (One, by the way, is not really that impressive. I’m still not completely sold on how awesome these supposedly are.)
Random point of contention: Even though we don’t have them, we actually call them fireflies here.
Google has informed me that apparently Arizona does have fireflies. It’s entirely anecdotal, but apparently they’ve been spotted in/near: Tucson, Pena Blanca Lake, above the dam at Fossil Creek, Payson, and Patagonia. Also apparently glowworms are a thing? That just sounds weird.
I think until I figure out exactly what I’m doing with this blog, I’m going to try and flood it with happy thoughts.
So I’m stressed but also happy and a little confused but muddling through. (I’m pretty sure that’s the very definition of being 25, though.)
- Self-motivated studying happening, but it’s self-motivated so… very slowly and with mixed results
- My uncertain future–here, Japan, Europe, where?!!!
- I’m still living in the USA, and it’s been two years and I’m not even leaving soon
- bunnyabroad.com became publicly available and I bought it!
- There is homemade cookie dough in the fridge
- It’s all drizzly outside
- I have really great friends, which I try to remind myself of often, particularly when they’re annoying
- I’m going to Albuquerque for the International Balloon Fiesta, which is going to be awesome!
- Basically everything about BlueHost and WordPress and setting up a website (and I’m actually good at technology, sheesh!)
- How I suck so much at basic math. And words. And science. But not mechanics. What?
- About how to make the best choices for the future–both long- and short-term
- I posted this, didn’t I?
- Still applying and studying and generally trying to do something, even if I’m not sure if it’s in the right direction
- Finances. ‘Nuff said, yeah?